Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Masala and cheese flavored meatballs. Cook on stove or in a crockpot. Recipe from my Mom, I adapted the seasoning - quick to make, uses instant rice instead of bread crumbs to soak up the meat juice.
- 1 cup Minute Rice
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons onions, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons masala, spice blend
- 3 cups tomato juice
- Mix all ingredients except 1/2 t masala spice and 2 1/2 cups tomato juice.
- Shape mixture into balls about 2-3 inches in diameter. Place in crockpot.
- Blend the remaining juice and the remaining spice. Pour over meatballs and cook on high for 3-4 hours. Turn meatballs occasionally to be sure all sides able to cook in sauce some.
- I often make this recipe with exra tomato juice because we like lots of sauce on our meatballs.