Recipe by Amber Dawn
An easy and tasty dish that both children and adults can enjoy. This recipe came from Better Homes & Garden's "Step-by-Step Kids' Cookbook". Don't start stirring too early or meatballs will break apart.
Top Review by Sharlene~W
These are great! I cooked them in a large frypan with a lid and drop the meatballs in after I get the sauce simmering. The meatballs stay intact better this way. My kids love these. UPDATE: Fixed these again tonight and was inspired to add in a teaspoon or so of "Emeril's Essence". Very tasty.
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced dried onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, beat egg.
- Add 1/4 cup tomato soup, uncooked rice, parsley flakes, dried onion, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Add ground beef and using your hands, mix well again.
- Shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- This should make about 20 meatballs.
- Place meatballs in a 1-inch skillet.
- Mix remaining soup with the water.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and mix.
- Pour soup mixture over the meatballs.
- Cook without stirring until mixture starts to boil.
- Turn heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using a wooden spoon, carefully stir the meatballs so they don't stick to the skillet.