Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
An easy and tasty dish that both children and adults can enjoy. This recipe came from Better Homes & Garden's "Step-by-Step Kids' Cookbook". Don't start stirring too early or meatballs will break apart.
- In medium bowl, beat egg.
- Add 1/4 cup tomato soup, uncooked rice, parsley flakes, dried onion, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Add ground beef and using your hands, mix well again.
- Shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- This should make about 20 meatballs.
- Place meatballs in a 1-inch skillet.
- Mix remaining soup with the water.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and mix.
- Pour soup mixture over the meatballs.
- Cook without stirring until mixture starts to boil.
- Turn heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using a wooden spoon, carefully stir the meatballs so they don't stick to the skillet.
These are great! I cooked them in a large frypan with a lid and drop the meatballs in after I get the sauce simmering. The meatballs stay intact better this way. My kids love these. UPDATE: Fixed these again tonight and was inspired to add in a teaspoon or so of "Emeril's Essence". Very tasty.
This is a great make-ahead recipe for my bunco potlucks. I added a tsp of Italian Seasoning for a change and liked it. Very easy and Freezes great.
This recipe was very yummy, and very easy. I wanted to cook this in the oven, so I cooked it at 350-375 degrees for about 45 min. I served it with mashed potatoes and steamed carrots. My family loved it. My daughter gave this a 5 and she is very picky (unfortunately)Mandyj