Recipe by Nana in the woods
Great tasting meat ball recipe.
Top Review by kiwidutch
Nana, I looked that the other reviewers comments and upped the quantity of onion podwer by 1/2 teaspoon, added a 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and a teaspoon of fresh oregano... I didn't brown them before putting them into the oven dish and they held together.. just :) We have developed zestier tastbuds since joining zaar, so still found these a little bland, but next time I make these I will use real cloves of garlic in place of the powder, because I think that the difference is noticeable. My biggest problem was that "some' of the rice poking out of the meatballs were not quite soft enough and a little chewy, did I have too little sauce in too big a dish to cover them sufficiently maybe? Definiately a kid-pleaser meal and one I will work on with regards to the coverage of the meatballs. All in all, not a bad recipe at all for the weekday mealtime rush. Please see my rating system: 3 stars with definiate potential for 4 in the future:) Thanks !
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine hamburger, rice, milk, dried onion, salt and pepper make into meatballs and put in shallow pan.
- Combine 1 can tomato soup and 3/4 cup of water. Mix together and pour over meatballs.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour at 325°F.