Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mirro matic recipe for pressure cooker. Quite tasty and easy to make. Recipe can be cut in half.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Combine meat, rice, onion, salt and pepper; knead to mix.
- Mix tomato soup and water in pressure cooker.
- Form meat mixture into oblong balls; place in pressure cooker.
- Cook at medium pressure setting for ten minutes.
- Serve with salad and a vegetable.
I too have been making these for years. I gave it 4 stars out of 5 because I always add a bunch of other spices. As others mentioned, the porcupines can be bland without spices. Oregano, parsley, basil, poultry seasoning, garlic powder etc.
I've been making this for several years...hubby thinks it's a little bland but the rest of us love it! I put mine in the crockpot on high for 3 hours.
Although my kids have always loved this dish my husband thought it was too bland. To please him I always add a little worcester sauce to the soup/water mixture for just a little kick. EVERYONE likes it now!