1/2 Photos of Porcupine Balls
1 hr 5 mins
Little meatballs rolled in rice, hence the name porcupine balls! This is an old recipe, but good! With minimal ingredients it is easy to make and budget friendly. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg slightly with water and 2 tablespoons of soup mix.
- 2Mix lightly with ground beef and 1/4 cup of the rice.
- 3Shape into balls.
- 4Roll remaining 1/4 cup of rice pressing tightly into meat.
- 5Heat tomato juice to boiling and stir in remaining onion soup mix and sugar; reduce heat to simmer.
- 6Place meat balls in saucepan of tomato juice and cover.
- 7Simmer, stirring occasionally, 50 minutes or until rice puffs out around meat.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Porcupine Balls
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.4
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 123.6 mg
- Sodium 1215.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 27.0 g