Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My grandmother always made these when said we were "REALLY" hungry. Giant meaty, tomato meat balls.
- Thaw beef, chop onions into small pieces (Some people prefer minced).
- In a bowl combine beef, onion and egg.
- Mix well with hands.
- Roll into "meat balls". Any size will do. My husband loves them the size of a tennis ball.
- Put rice into large bowl.
- Roll "meatballs in rice so they are coated (making them little porcupines).
- Place in bake ware dish.
- Pour both cans of tomato soup into another bowl and mix with one can of water.
- Pour over porcupine balls.
- Turn porcupine balls over and spoon some of the soup over them.
- Cover and bake at 350°C for 30 minutes, uncover and bake until meat is well done (approximately 30 minutes).