Recipe by sweetypie
This recipe is great my kids love when I make it. I got this recipe from my mother-in-law she made it all the time. You can use any flavour of Rice A Roni be creative. Enjoy!!
Top Review by *Z*
These were easy to make. I thought they would be dry so I put some A-1 on them but they would have been fine without it.I couldn't find a 10oz box of ricearoni so I used a 6 1/2 oz one.I had to cook it a little longer to absorb all of the water. Pretty tasty!
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground beef, egg and rice from Rice A Roni pkg.
- Shape into meatballs (about 12- 16).
- Cook in frying pan with vegetable oil enough to cover bottom of pan.
- Place cooked porcupines in a pot big enough to hold meatballs and water.
- Mix seasoning packet from Rice A Roni and 2 3/4 cup of water.
- Pour over porcupines.
- Bring to a boil then cover and simmer until liquid is almost absorbed about 20 minutes.