Recipe by Rita~
This is a compound butter. It can be frozen for future uses. Use it on fish, chicken, steak, vegies,rice or spread it on bread!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak mushrooms in water for 15 minutes. Remove them and squeeze excess water from them. Reserve liquid. Rinse mushrooms to remove any grit and chop finely. Strain liquid through a very fine sieve.
- In a saucepan simmer liquid, mushrooms, garlic and thyme till reduced to 1 tablespoon of liquid. Cool mixture.
- Mash the cooled mixture with the butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Place mixture in a freezer zip lock storage bag making a log inside of bag. Squeezing all air out. Can be frozen up to 1 month. Just take a slice when needed.