1/1 Photo of Porcini Risotto
Creamy, cheesy, heavenly! You could prepare this risotto with fresh mushroom (boletus) as well, use about 300g and fry them with butter for a couple of minutes. You may need to adjust the liquid amountregarding the risotto. I actually prefer dried porcini as they tend to be more aromatic and have better texture. You can substitue parsley with sage or thyme. The amount of broth and soaking liquid you'll need is bound to vary according to the type/brand of rice you'll use. And yes, it's all about the frequent stirring :)!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g risotto rice (Carnaroli, Arborio, ...)
- 60 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 125 ml white wine (or Prosecco)
- 500 ml vegetable broth (simmering)
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (or pecorino romano)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (or 1TB sage, or thyme)
- salt and pepper
- 1Cover porcini mushroom with (at first) boiling water (about 150ml). Soak for about 30 minutes. Save soaking liquid for later, but strain through a close meshed sieve or even coffee filter to avoid sand.
- 2Heat olive oil in a skillet, add garlic, chopped porcini mushrooms and chopped shallots.
- 3Add risotto rice and let fry for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Add white wine (or Prosecco) and stir frequently until wine is absorbed by rice.
- 5Now alternately add hot(!) vegetable broth and procini soaking water. (Best 1 ladle at a time until liquid has been absorbed by rice.).
- 6Repeat until rice is cooked through but still of creamy texture. Stir frequently. (about 15-20 minutes).
- 7Now incorporate 2 TB butter, parsley and parmesan.
- 8Salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Serve topped with parmesan shaves.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Porcini Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.1
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 94.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: