Recipe by English_Rose
Dried porcini give masses of flavour without having to spend a fortune on wild mushrooms.
- 1 ounce dried funghi porcini
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 7 ounces chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 5 ounces risotto rice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 cups vegetable stock, kept simmering
- 4 ounces spinach, washed and chopped
- parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the porcini in a cup of boiling water for 10 minutes. Strain the liquid through a sieve to remove any grit and keep for the risotto. Roughly chop the porcini.
- Heat the butter in a wide shallow pan and cook the onion and garlic until softened. Add the chestnut mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, then add the porcini and risotto rice and stir until coated.
- Tip in the wine and bubble until it's all absorbed. Gradually add the stock and porcini soaking liquid, stirring until the rice is tender but still has a little bite (you might not need all the stock). Stir through the spinach until just wilted. Serve sprinkled with a little parmesan if you like.