- 2 large yellow onions, julienne
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 2 tablespoons olive and butter
- 2 cups veal or 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup sauvignon blanc wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 cup re-hydrated porcini mushrooms and the juice
- 1 pinch cumin
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil and butter until very soft.
- Add wine, stock, mushrooms & juice, thyme, parsley and cumin and simmer until slightly thicken.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over fettuccine or pappardelle noodles.
- Garnish with tomato, basil and cheese.