A wonderful way to savor the flavor of porcini mushrooms. These mushrooms have a strong flavor and a little will go a long way.
- Place the dried mushrooms in a small bowl and cover with water.
- Allow to reconstitute while potatoes cook.
- Thoroughly wash potatoes and leaving skin on, quarter them.
- Place quartered potatoes and garlic cloves in medium saucepan and cover with water.
- Cover pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook until potatoes are easily pierrced with a fork; drain.
- Place potatoes and cooked garlic in a large bowl, beat with mixer.
- Add cream, olive oil, and nutmeg.
- Drain mushrooms reserving the water.
- Coarsly chop mushrooms.
- Use enough of the reserved water to thin potatotes to desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, stir in mushrooms.
- Serve immediately.