1/2 Photos of Porcini Mashed Potatoes
A wonderful way to savor the flavor of porcini mushrooms. These mushrooms have a strong flavor and a little will go a long way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the dried mushrooms in a small bowl and cover with water.
- 2Allow to reconstitute while potatoes cook.
- 3Thoroughly wash potatoes and leaving skin on, quarter them.
- 4Place quartered potatoes and garlic cloves in medium saucepan and cover with water.
- 5Cover pan and bring to a boil.
- 6Cook until potatoes are easily pierrced with a fork; drain.
- 7Place potatoes and cooked garlic in a large bowl, beat with mixer.
- 8Add cream, olive oil, and nutmeg.
- 9Drain mushrooms reserving the water.
- 10Coarsly chop mushrooms.
- 11Use enough of the reserved water to thin potatotes to desired consistency.
- 12Season with salt and pepper to taste, stir in mushrooms.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Porcini Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.6
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 12.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried porcini mushrooms