Recipe by MarraMamba
this is simply delicious From cooking light,cal 269 Fat 7.3g, saturated 2g, carb 6.1 sodium 469 for 2 chicken pieces and 1 1/2 tbs of sauce.
Top Review by Abby Girl
Sorry, this didn't work for us...on many levels! Way to much work for just an OK taste....a half chicken breast was plenty enough for us, so I only used 3 chicken breast (wanting one for leftovers)...I had to finish cooking the chicken in the oven as it was not cooked through....found out at the last minute that I didn't have sour cream (I used yogurt instead). Even though I mucked up on the sour cream, I have a fairly good idea what the taste would be like, so would I do this one again? Probably not as there is many other recipes I would want to try before I came back to this one
- 1⁄2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots (about 1)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups sliced wild mushrooms (or cultivated approx 1/2 lb)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Porcini in a spice or coffee grinder, process until finely ground.
- Slice chicken breasts halves in half horizontally. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Sprinkle both sides with porcini powder, shaking off excess.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large non stick skillet over medium high. Add chicken pieces to pan, cook 1 1/2 minutes a side or until lightly browned and done. Remove from pan, keep warm. repeat until all are done.
- Heat remaining tsp or so of oil in pan. Add shallots and garlic, cook 1 minute stirring. Add 3 cups mushrooms, cook 5 minutes until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Add wine, scraping brown bits to loosen. Increase heat to medium high. cook 2 minutes until liquid almost evaporates.
- Add broth to pan, simmer until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup (about 5 minutes). Stir in sour cream, cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add salt, pepper and parsley.
- Serve spooning sauce over.