Recipe by Manami
Here is an exciting new way to serve filets mignons! However I don't know how anyone could get tired of eating them! Bon Apetit, May 2007. I like to eat mine with a nice baked potato and a green vegetable.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- 1 (1/2 ounce) package dried porcini mushrooms
- 6 filet mignon steaks (1-inch thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 4 ingredients in small bowl for herb butter.
- Season butter to taste with salt and pepper.
- Process dried porcini mushrooms in spice grinder to fine powder.
- Transfer powder to plate.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Press steaks into porcini powder to coat both sides well.
- Melt 2 tablespoons herb butter in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add steaks to skillet and cook to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer steaks to plates.
- Spoon rounded tablespoon of herb butter atop each steak and serve.