Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A Cuisine at Home recipe that I am placing here for safe keeping.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds or 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 lbs bone in pork shoulder, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, sliced
- 1 loaf ciabatta, horizontally sliced and toasted
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Puree 4 Tbs olive oil, garlic, rosemary, oregano, salt, fennel seed, and pepper flakes in a food processor.
- Rub mixture over pork.
- Sear meat on all sides in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Place pork in a slow cooker.
- Deglaze the pan with the chicken broth and wine then add to the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Shred meat when its cool enough to handle.
- Saute onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes in the remaining 1 Tbs oil in a skillet over medium heat until begetables are softened, about 5 minute.
- Serve pork on ciabatta with mozzarella and onion-pepper mixture.