1/1 Photo of Porchetta Limoncello
Battle in Seattle's Note:
I had this dish at Italian restaurant chain, Buca di Beppo, and fell instantly in love. I came home and tried to recreate it, and had pretty good success. I get a lot of requests for this recipe, and I think it's a great one for entertaining! Not for the faint of heart--it definitely has a good kick to it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lemon, sliced thin horizontally
- 5 whole pepperoncini peppers
- 1Cut pork into 1/2-inch thick slices, then pound each piece flat into 1/4-inch thick pieces.
- 2Season both sides of pork pieces with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour, shake lightly, and set aside.
- 3Heat olive oil in large (12 or 14-inch) non-stick skillet over medium high heat, until smoking.
- 4Working in batches (make sure to leave space between pieces or it won't brown properly--saute pork in hot oil until lightly golden brown on both sides (about 2 minutes per side). Set pork pieces aside when done.
- 5In the same skillet, reduce heat to low and melt butter.
- 6Once the butter is melted, add limoncello (careful--it will steam very high for a couple of seconds). Simmer for about two minutes, then add all of the pork pieces, overlapping slightly if necessary.
- 7Raise the heat to medium-low, and immediately sprinkle the garlic over the top, then cover pan with lid and simmer five minutes more.
- 8Turn pork over, squeeze about six lemon slices in between pork and layer the top with pepperoncini slices. Cover and simmer an additional three minutes. Pork should have a deep golden color when done.
- 9Arrange pork on a serving platter, drizzle any remaining sauce over the meat, then garnish plate with remaining lemon slices and whole pepperoncinis.
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Porchetta Limoncello
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.6
- Calories from Fat 401
- Total Fat 44.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 156.4 mg
- Sodium 835.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 46.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: