Recipe by BecR
Tender succulent boneless pork roast is rubbed with olive oil and seasonings and slowly roasted to perfection in the crock pot until it is falling apart, then stuffed into warmed and buttered Italian ciabatta rolls. A wonderfully simplified version of the classic Porchetta Italian Market Place Sandwich by Nigella Lawson.
- 4 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork roast, trimmed of fat
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 10 italian ciabatta rolls
- softened butter, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the roast all over with the olive oil, then rub with the seasonings. Place roast in bottom of crock pot, and top with the bay leaves and chopped onion.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour, then reduce heat to LOW and cook 10-12 hours more until meat is falling apart, yet tender, and done.
- Remove to a large cutting board and let cool slightly, then use two forks to pull apart the meat into chunks, discarding the bay leaves.
- Stuff into warmed and buttered Italian ciabatta rolls, and dig in!