Recipe by Dine & Dish
This is a very popular dessert requested by friends and family at my house! I love Trifle's because they are always so beautiful. This one is delicious too! Cook time equals chill time.
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl with wire whisk, mix pudding mix, pumpkin, milk and 1 3/4 teaspoons of pie spice.
- Set aside when thickened.
- Cut thawed cake into 16 slices.
- Line bottom of large glass bowl with 1/2 of cake, cut to fit.
- Spoon 1/2 of pumpkin mixture over cake.
- Add rest of slices on top and cover with rest of pumpkin mixture.
- Crumble any remaining slices of cake and put on top.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- Whip cream with confectioner's sugar and rest of pie spice.
- Spoon over trifle and serve.