Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
This recipe is from my Dad. These are great on sandwiches!
Top Review by Lou
This is just like a recipe my sunday school teacher gave me so many years ago, that I don't want to think about it! Hers didn't have the garlic clove in it, tho . This was an easy, tasty way to use up peppers. (And back then, I sure did need an easy recipe!)
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- bell pepper, sliced (enough to fill your glass jar)
- garlic clove, peel and chopped (add as many as you wish to your taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium size saucepan, simmer vinegar, water and sugar for 5 minutes.
- Slice peppers, removing seeds.
- Place peppers in glass jar (can use any type of glass jar with tight fitting lid).
- Pour liquid mixture over peppers leaving 1/2-inch headspace.
- Allow to cool and then place tight fitting lid on; store in refrigerator.
- Best if left in refrigerator to marinate for at least 24-48 hours before serving. The longer they marinate, more garlic flavor is absorbed. Will last for 2 weeks or more in refrigerator.