Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
This recipe is from my Dad, "The Running Chef" as he dubed himself. These are crisp and garlicky!
Top Review by ditsyquoin
Excellent. I wish more people realized what a pickle should taste like. I like mine crisp so I ate the whole jar after 3 days and now have to search for more pickling cucumbers.
- 8 -10 pickling cucumbers, to fill a 1/2 gallon jars
- 8 -10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pickling spices
- 2 cups warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub cucumbers under cold water.
- Pack whole tightly in jar.
- In a seperate bowl, mix water, garlic, pickling salt, and pickling spice.
- Stir well and pour over cucumbers.
- Add additional warm water, if needed, to fill the jar.
- Cover and refrigerate 4-5 days for maximum flavor.