Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This a recipe from my stepsons' grandfather known as Pop's Fudge. My DH tells me that Pop used to make this as fudge candy, and the family used to crowd around just waiting to dig in. Since it does not harden like traditional fudge, I prefer to call it a frosting. Preparation time includes cooking time, but not cooling time. Yield is approximate but would cover a 9x13-inch cake. I will measure it out and update here soon. If used as candy it makes about 20-25 soft-textured small pieces.
- In a sauce pan, melt the semi-sweet chocolate in the evaporated milk over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in the confectioner's sugar and bring to a full boil.
- Continue to whisk and boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Allow this to cool for about 10-15 minutes before using as frosting (after that it will start to "set" a bit, like fudge).