Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are such a big deal for my family...always as special as the occasion itself.
Make and share this Pop's Famous Cream Puffs recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Melt butter in 2 cups boiling water.
- Add flour and salt, stirring well until mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each until smooth.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of batter on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 325 degrees F and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Cook vanilla pudding according to package directions, or make homemade. Try http://www.recipezaar.com/Vanilla-Pudding-4271.
- Split puffs and fill with vanilla pudding (or any other flavor).
- For chocolate topping, stir melted butter and cocoa together in a medium bowl.
- Add milk and powdered sugar. Stir well.
- Cover tops of cream puffs with chocolate topping.
- Refrigerate on trays and serve cold.