Recipe by Poppy in Colorado Springs
A messy way of eating chicken that is very tender, juicy and filling. I got this recipe from a real hobo, when I worked for the railroad back in Houston, Texas and added the garlic, celery and onion.
- 1 roasting chicken, cut-up
- 4 -5 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 -4 medium potatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (5 ounce) can condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sear chicken pieces and set aside do not drain. In a stock pot make a gravy with flour, chicken drippings, can condensed milk, cooking oil if needed and water. Make enough to cover all chicken pieces.
- Bring gravy to a boil and add garlic powder, potatoes, celery and onion, stir til all ingredients are well scattered. Slowly add chicken pieces while stirring. Lower heat to simmer and cover.
- Simmer for at least 1 and one half hour, stir occasionally to prevent gravy from scorching. Salt and pepper to taste.