1/11 Photos of Poppycock
1 hr 30 mins
My sister makes this at Christmas time and gives it to all her employees. They look forward to it each year. I made this last year and it was a real hit. Love it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pan melt the butter.
- 2Add brown sugar, white Karo and salt and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 3Remove from stove and add butter flavoring extract and soda.
- 4Stir in almonds, peanuts or other nuts of choice.
- 5In a very large pan or bowl pour caramel syrup over popcorn.
- 6Stir quickly to coat.
- 7Pour out on cookie sheets.
- 8Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour turning mixture halfway through baking with a spatula.
- 9Cool slightly, break apart and store when cooled completely in air tight bags or jars.
Nutritional Facts for Poppycock
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 959.6
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 610.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 168.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.2 g
- Sugars 60.1 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: