Recipe by ~Nimz~
My sister makes this at Christmas time and gives it to all her employees. They look forward to it each year. I made this last year and it was a real hit. Love it.
Top Review by wifeypoo
Tasted great! As many of the reviewers did, I used Vanilla extract instead of butter flavoring. I used whole pecans as the nuts.
As much as I loved the result, I think the recipe itself needs some reviewing. It doesn't specify what heat to cook the caramel on. Also, I found a 10-oz package of popcorn to be WAY too much. The recipe in its singular form will not coat that much popcorn.
I would suggest either doubling the caramel recipe, or halving the popcorn.
Thank you for sharing! A revise may help with future viewers' confusion!
- 1 (10 ounce) bag popcorn (4 to 6 qts. popped)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white Karo
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- almonds or peanuts or other nuts, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan melt the butter.
- Add brown sugar, white Karo and salt and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from stove and add butter flavoring extract and soda.
- Stir in almonds, peanuts or other nuts of choice.
- In a very large pan or bowl pour caramel syrup over popcorn.
- Stir quickly to coat.
- Pour out on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour turning mixture halfway through baking with a spatula.
- Cool slightly, break apart and store when cooled completely in air tight bags or jars.