My sister makes this at Christmas time and gives it to all her employees. They look forward to it each year. I made this last year and it was a real hit. Love it.
- In a large pan melt the butter.
- Add brown sugar, white Karo and salt and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from stove and add butter flavoring extract and soda.
- Stir in almonds, peanuts or other nuts of choice.
- In a very large pan or bowl pour caramel syrup over popcorn.
- Stir quickly to coat.
- Pour out on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour turning mixture halfway through baking with a spatula.
- Cool slightly, break apart and store when cooled completely in air tight bags or jars.