Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm only guessing at the number; I just keep going until all the batter is used up.
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Cream butter.
- Add sugar and egg and beat until light.
- Add milk through mace and mix well.
- Shape in 1-inch balls, then flatten to ¼-inch thickness.
- Make a thumbprint in center of each.
- Sprinkle center with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 400F 6-8 minutes.