Recipe by grandma2969
this will make 2 loaves of bread.one for yourself and one to give away..or bread freezes well..
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 ounces strained pear baby food
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter flavor extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter flavor extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350*.
- Spray 2 (9x5") loaf pans with non stick spray and lightly dust with flour.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, pears and sugar.add eggs, and whisk until well blended.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and poppy seeds.set aside.
- measure milk and add extracts to milk.
- add flour mixture to oil mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.whisk well after each addition.
- pour into prepared pans and bake at 350* for 60-70 minutes or till tests done.
- cool for 15 minutes.
- leave bread in pans.and prepare glaze.
- to prepare GLAZE:.
- heat orange juice, sugar and extracts in small saucepan -- stirring until sugar melts.
- poke holes in bread, pour glaze over.
- let stand in pans for 2 hours.