Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Addictive... maybe because of the opium? ;) Can change the filling with cherry preserves or a nut filling.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 0.5 (1/4 ounce) package baking powder (1/8 oz.)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk, warmed
- 12 ounces poppy seed filling
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix milk and yeast. Allow yeast to get frothy (about 5-10 min).
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and egg in a large bowl.
- Add milk and yeast and knead with hands until dough consistency.
- Put dough on floured surface. Roll out.
- Spread with poppy seed filling and roll up.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Spread egg white on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.