Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Addictive... maybe because of the opium? ;) Can change the filling with cherry preserves or a nut filling.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix milk and yeast. Allow yeast to get frothy (about 5-10 min).
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and egg in a large bowl.
- Add milk and yeast and knead with hands until dough consistency.
- Put dough on floured surface. Roll out.
- Spread with poppy seed filling and roll up.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Spread egg white on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.