Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Great combination of flavors.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 pints strawberries, divided
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- In a bowl, combine flour, poppy seeds, and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly.
- Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Roll out pastry to fill a 9-inch pie plate.
- Transfer pastry to plate; flute edges.
- Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 450* for 8 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Slice 1 pint of strawberries; fold into whipped topping.
- Spoon into pie shell.
- Cut remaining berries in half; arrange over top.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Sprinkle with almonds if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.