Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husbands favorite!
- 1⁄8 cup white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Baby Spinach, remove stems
- 1 head lettuce, broken
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cottage cheese, rinsed
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked to crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Combine first 5 ingredeints.
- Pour over onion and mushrooms.
- Let marinate in fridge until ready to serve.
- Combine remaining indgredients, just before serving toss with dressing.
Just loved this salad!! The combination of the almonds (which I toasted), bacon and dressing really make this salad!! I made several changes based on personal taste and another recipe I made from an adopted chef. We left out the mushroom, not a fan of raw mushrooms and also left out the spinach and cottage cheese due to other family/company preferences. I also reduced the amount of sugar, to 1/4 cup, and it was plenty sweet, but such a nice change from our normal tangy vinaigrette. I made some homemade croutons and added those to the top of the salad!! Thanks for sharing the recipe, one I am sure to make again. Made for 2013 Spring Pick A Chef event.
A definite KEEPER. Husband and I both loved it. I actually made it with the ingredients I had on hand, so used iceberg lettuce left out the poppy seeds. Marinating the mushrooms and onion was a very nice touch. For my dressing, I did 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup oil and 1/2 cup sugar. EXCELLENT. This would be perfect for dinner parties, as it's very unique. . .well it was the way I made it :)