This recipe for crispy, flavoured flat-bread makes a great party nibble to serve with drinks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F
- 2In a large mixing bowl mix together the flour and salt.
- 3Gradually add enough water, mixing in well with each addition, to form a thick dough.
- 4Shape a handful of the dough into a rough ball.
- 5Feed this dough ball through a pasta machine three times.
- 6Adjust the pasta machine to a thinner setting and pass the dough through three times again, making smooth, elastic sheets of dough.
- 7Place the dough sheet on a greased baking sheet.
- 8Brush with a little olive oil and sprinkle generously with poppy seeds, sesame seeds and a touch of curry powder.
- 9Repeat the process until all the dough has been used up.
- 10Bake the sheets of dough for 10 minutes until crisp and golden, in batches if necessary.
- 11Cool on wire racks and snap into biscuit-sized pieces.
- 12Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poppy Seed Snap Crackers
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.0
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g