Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was my great aunt's. It was always enjoyed at family functions. This makes two loaves and freezes well.
- 1 package white cake mix (without pudding in the mix)
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil.
- Beat for 2 minutes.
- Fold in poppy seeds.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 8 1/2 x 4 1/2x 2 1/2 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
I loved the quick and easy way to make poppy seed bread. I make them for my neighbors at Christmas and this makes it so easy. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the coconut cream pudding mix so I just used the cake mix. It was still good. Thanks so much!!
This is a terrific recipe! I had to use vanilla pudding because I couldn't find coconut, so I added a little almond extract to make it more exciting. I gave out these loaves for Mother's Day presents. My mom wants the recipe! The texture is quite nice- slighlty sturdier than cake, but still so moist and tender. The slices look beautiful and don't fall apart. Thanks for sharing!
This recipe turned out great and makes a good amount of slices. I was dissapointed that I could barely detect the coconut flavor. I think it would have come thru better if I had maybe added 1/2 -3/4 cups of shredded coconut as well. Otherwise, the texture was really nice and everyone enjoyed it.