Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a light and tangy dressing perfect for summer salads
Make and share this Poppy Seed/Sesame Seed Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bag mixed salad green, of your choice
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained and sliced in half
- grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Mix all dressing ingredients in blender.
- Pour over salad and toss.
I made it tonight and did not have any white sugar so I used light brown and it was delish.
This dressing is very sweet, but is a nice offset to a spicy meal. We enjoyed it on a simple salad of baby spinach/spring mix, mandarin oranges and red onion; I skipped the cheese and bacon listed, but added a lot of mandarin oranges--I love them. :) I didn't use the blender for the dressing, just whisked briskly by hand until emulsified. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I just used the dressing recipe and put it on an ordinary green leaf salad and it was excellent. I did have raspberry vinegar and it just made this dressing. Will be doing this one again. Thanks Lan