Recipe by Peter J
Based on a number of other recipes I've enjoyed and a great way to enjoy salmon on a BBQ / grill. Preparation time does not include marination time. Originally this recipe was going to use a tablespoon of sesame seeds and hence have a different title, but I'd run out so you can try that as well!
- 250 g salmon (cutlets or steaks)
- 2 bamboo skewers
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut salmon into cubes around 2-3cm (one inch) in size. Leave the skin on if desired but cur around the bones.
- Combine all other ingredients (apart from skewers!) in a small bowl, add salmon pieces and gently mix.
- Leave in refrigerator around an hour to marinate, lightly turning occasionally.
- Carefully thread onto skewers and cook over BBQ or grill on low-medium temperature for 5-10 minutes turning occasionally until cooked.