Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a slight variation of my mother-in-law's most popular salad. I make the dressing and keep it in the fridge to use instead of store-bought dressings. The salad ingredients are estimates. She sometimes adds fresh Granny Smith apples, which makes it even more delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup hearts of palm
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup broken sea salt bagel chips
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Mix all dressing ingredients in salad jar.
- Mix salad ingredients in salad bowl.
- Toss dressing with salad just before serving.