This is my mom's recipe. Try it on a salad of romaine lettuce with mandarin oranges and almonds! Or you could try it on a spinach salad with strawberries. It's a yummy dressing! Note that this is best if prepared in advance and refrigerated overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a blender, combine 1/2 of an onion and just enough water necessary to make smooth.
- 2Measure 2 TBL of onion puree (or slightly more) and discard any excess.
- 3Return onion to blender and combine with sugar and oil. Mix well.
- 4Add dry mustard and salt. Add vinegar. Blend all ingredients well.
- 5Add poppy seeds and slowly combine with other ingredients. Do not blend.
- 6Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poppy Seed Salad Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (937 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2081.0
- Calories from Fat 1614
- Total Fat 179.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1865.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 123.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 120.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: