Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my mom's recipe. Try it on a salad of romaine lettuce with mandarin oranges and almonds! Or you could try it on a spinach salad with strawberries. It's a yummy dressing! Note that this is best if prepared in advance and refrigerated overnight.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups oil
- 2 tablespoons onion puree
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In a blender, combine 1/2 of an onion and just enough water necessary to make smooth.
- Measure 2 TBL of onion puree (or slightly more) and discard any excess.
- Return onion to blender and combine with sugar and oil. Mix well.
- Add dry mustard and salt. Add vinegar. Blend all ingredients well.
- Add poppy seeds and slowly combine with other ingredients. Do not blend.
- Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
Very nice dressing! Made exactly as directed. I actually just put a couple slices of onion plus everything else and used a hand blender to mix it all up. Thank you.