Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄4 pint tepid water
- 1⁄2 pint tepid milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 egg (for glaze)
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Mix yeast with water& 1tsp sugar.
- Leave til frothy.
- Rub fat into dry ingreds.
- Make a well in centre and pour in liquids and beaten egg.
- Mix to a dough.
- Knead til smooth and elastic.
- Cover& leave to rise- 45 mins-until doubled in bulk.
- Turn out and shape in to rolls.
- Cover and leave to rise again then brush lightly with a little beaten egg and sprinkle with poppyseeds.
- Bake 450 F 20-25 for minutes.