Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A great muffin recipe. If desired you can add in 1-2 teaspoon vanilla, almond or orange extract.
- 3⁄4-1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 6 tablespoons poppy seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 16 muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar and orange rind (about 4 minutes) until fluffy.
- Add in eggs; beat well until combined.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with half and half cream, beating well after each addition.
- Add in poppy seeds; mix to combine.
- Add/ mix in nuts and raisins.
- Divide/spoon the batter about three-quarters full into muffin tins.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.