Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This a delicious quick bread that has a cake-like texture. The flavor is so good and it's so easy to put together. I got this recipe from Zora who was the bakery manager of a grocery store that I had worked at.
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix (not pudding type)
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Beat cake mix, oil, pudding mix, and eggs until well blended.
- Stir in water, poppy seeds and lemon extract.
- Pour into 2 well greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 40 minutes or until they test done.
Oh yah!!! You gotta try this one. It is the simplest thing to make and was a hit with everyone who was allowed near it. I have to send the recipe to 3 people. It definately tastes more like cake than bread, but when its this good, who cares what you call it. Thanks sooo much Michelle!!
I have the same recipe only I use a yellow cake mix and vanilla pudding, along with 1/4 c. of poppy seeds rather than just 2T. I don't use any lemon extract. I also bake in three mini loaf pans for 35 min. and they turn out wonderfully. This is a fabulous bread for customizing to your own tastes.
This turned out great! Very easy and lemony. I loved the smell when it was baking. I couldn't get any coconut cream pudding so just used a lemon cake mix. Thanks so much!! Going in the keeper file.