Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are deliciously different muffins with the texture of pound cake. You won't be able to eat just one.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix flour, poppy seeds, salt& baking soda.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and butter with electric mixer.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in yogurt and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in flour mixture until moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased muffins tins.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
Good muffins! I doubled the poppy seeds (we LOVE them) and it just barely seemed enough. I also only had greek yogurt so I tried to cut it with a bit of milk but the batter still came out very very thick. The texture of the muffin was still great though. I like that they aren't overly sweet.
These are just splendid! I will definitely be making them again. Indeed a nice pound cake type of texture, rich but not too sweet. I sprinkled just a bit of sugar over the tops of the muffins before putting in the oven. Thanks for sharing!