Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are wonderful with a curry or cold meats. I always cook plenty as they are good to serve as a tapas, served with a drink, popular here in real Spain. Start to finish in 40 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onion and cumin seeds till they start to pop.
- Add the garlic and turmeric a give a quick stir.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the potatoes and chili, and black pepper; fry for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover the pot and allow to cook for 30 minutes stirring every 5 minutes.
- Add the poppy seeds, cook for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt.
- Serve with any curry as a side dish.