1/2 Photos of Poppy Seed Potatoes
Brian Holley's Note:
These are wonderful with a curry or cold meats. I always cook plenty as they are good to serve as a tapas, served with a drink, popular here in real Spain. Start to finish in 40 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onion and cumin seeds till they start to pop.
- 2Add the garlic and turmeric a give a quick stir.
- 3Reduce the heat to medium and add the potatoes and chili, and black pepper; fry for 3 minutes.
- 4Reduce heat to low, cover the pot and allow to cook for 30 minutes stirring every 5 minutes.
- 5Add the poppy seeds, cook for 10 minutes.
- 6Season with salt.
- 7Serve with any curry as a side dish.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poppy Seed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.0
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 597.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: