Recipe by Dancer^
I love this still warm from the oven.
Top Review by S. Morgan
This is a great taste and really moist. I substituted lemon extract for the vanilla and gave it a little bit of the citrus flavor. It went well with the glaze. Sliced it and took to the office and everyone loved it. Will make this often and also for holidays.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease and flour two 9-inch loaf pans.
- In small bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking powder; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat eggs and add milk, oil and sugar.
- Add poppyseeds and vanilla, then fold in pecans.
- Fold dry ingredients into batter and stir until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake 1 to 1 1/4 hours, or until loaves test done.
- Remove loaves from pan and place on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and orange juice in small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then spoon glaze over warm loaves.
- Let cool before slicing.