Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made the recipe after a last minute request to bring a dish for a family reunion. The weather was hot, but the dish was a hit because it was different! The best part was that I literally threw together my kids favorites that were already in my kitchen.
- 8 ounces small shaped pasta, Piccolini or mini farfelle preferred
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 kiwi, quartered and sliced
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 1 cup cashews, whole preferred
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup poppy seed dressing, Kraft creamy poppy seed dressing and dip preferred
- Cook pasta according to package. Allow to cool, or rinse under cold water.
- Add cucumber, kiwi, strawberries, cashews, and Swiss cheese.
- Stir gently to mix.
- Mix in dressing.
- Chill until ready to serve.
So many nice flavors in here. Next time I will chop the cucumbers a bit smaller and use sliced almonds. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC 09
This was a hit all around! DS asked for seconds and thirds and ate leftovers the next day. Wonderful combination of flavors. The cashews and swiss cheese are perfect complements. I will definitely use this again. Thanks for posting! Made for Spring 2009 PAC.
What a fantastic salad! I thought that cucumber, strawberries and pasta was a very unusual combination of ingredients but the whole salad comes together beautifully. I used farfallini pasta and 4 baby cucumbers to prepare this dish. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Made for Spring2009 PAC.