Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy and somewhat different side dish.... or meatless main dish. Or even add some leftover cooked chicken or ham and it's a main dish.
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup butter, 1 stick
- 3 gloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook the fettuccine according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large skillet. Saute the garlic in the butter until soft but not brown.
- Drain the cooked pasta and immediately toss with the garlic butter.
- Toss in the poppy seeds and salt to taste.
- Place into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and parmesan and serve.
After making this once a month for the last year and a half, I have changed it to use 16 oz pasta and 5 tbsp butter. Thanks for sharing a very good recipe.
I really liked this. It's a great pantry meal. I love poppy seeds, and this was a great new way to try them! I used 2T butter instead of the whole amount and thought that was plenty. Otherwise, I followed the recipe. I couldn't believe how fast and easy it was, yet it tasted like I had spent a lot more time and effort on it. Thumbs up from the hubby too!
This was very good, and different. It was nice and simple and a great break from the usual tomato sauces. I didn't change a thing and I wouldn't, except to try it with the ham as you suggested. Made and Reviewed for Market Tag - Thanks! :)