Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a delicious muffin, good for a breakfast treat or snack. Sour cream makes these really moist. From the R.S.V.P. section in a May 1986 issue of Bon Appetit. It was requested from Sweet Sue's bakery in Phoenicia, New York, which is in the Catskills.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease one 12-cup muffin tin (or use paper liners).
- Combine flour, poppy seeds,salt and baking soda in small bowl.
- Using electric mixer, cream butter with sugar until thick and light.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time;blend in sour cream and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in dry ingredients.
- Spoon batter into prepared tin.
- Bake muffins until tester inserted in centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes in tin on rack; remove from tin and cool completely.
My family all really enjoyed these. Thanks for sharing!