1/1 Photo of Poppy Seed-Lime-Ring Cake
1 hr 20 mins
This is a very refreshing recipe, which I came across in a family baking book. It's great for birthday cakes or, baked in smaller tins, for a picnic.
My Private Note
big cak ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter, sugar, eggs and salt.
- 2Mix flour and baking powder and add to butter mixture together with cream.
- 3Half the dough. Add lime juice and zest to one half and the poppy seed baking mix to the other.
- 4Fill the poppy seed dough into a greased ring cake tin first and then add the lime dough. Mottle using a fork.
- 5Bake in the pre-heated oven at 175°C on the bottommost rack for about 50 minutes.
- 6If desired spread the cooled cake with some melted lime-chocolate or plain sugar icing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poppy Seed-Lime-Ring Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4505.0
- Calories from Fat 2363
- Total Fat 262.6 g
- Saturated Fat 157.5 g
- Cholesterol 1517.2 mg
- Sodium 3099.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 477.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.5 g
- Sugars 155.0 g
- Protein 71.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
poppy seed baking mix