Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a very refreshing recipe, which I came across in a family baking book. It's great for birthday cakes or, baked in smaller tins, for a picnic.
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs and salt.
- Mix flour and baking powder and add to butter mixture together with cream.
- Half the dough. Add lime juice and zest to one half and the poppy seed baking mix to the other.
- Fill the poppy seed dough into a greased ring cake tin first and then add the lime dough. Mottle using a fork.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven at 175°C on the bottommost rack for about 50 minutes.
- If desired spread the cooled cake with some melted lime-chocolate or plain sugar icing.