Recipe by dicentra
This is from TOH magazine. I haven’t made these yet, but I am typing it up for ZWT II. 6-8 servings. Prep time does not include refrigeration.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
I also saw this recipe in TOH and was so pleased to find it already posted here. I love Lemon in anything and the addition of poppyseeds just sounded awesome. I made it as directed and was not disappointed. I used recipe#218799 for the crust and cooled over night. It was so easy and really kind of special. I did add a teaspoon of lemon oil as we like our lemon flavor a LOT. This is an easy recipe to put together for company, just have to plan ahead enough to make sure it has time to cool. My only question and I'm sure it's just me - is the amount of whipped topping. It says 1 carton, 8 ounces and then fold in TWO Cups?? Not sure but I thought 8 ounces was ONE cup??? Regardless, it taste great and looks pretty.
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 78.07 ml lemonade concentrate
- 226.79 g carton frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 9 inch graham cracker crust
- 14.79 ml poppy seed
- 0.65 ml yellow food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat mild and lemonade concentrate until smooth (mixture will begin to thicken). Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Spread half into the crust.
- Add poppy seeds and food coloring to the remaining lemon mixture; stir until blended. Spoon over first layer. Spread with the remaining whipped toping. Refrigerate until ready to serve.