Recipe by KimmieCat1
I found this recipe in the 'Joy of Cooking' cookbook. I was looking for a poppy seed and honey dressing recipe that was like a dressing that I loved at the Bittersweet Cafe in Kent, WA. This dressing is delicious. 'Joy of Cooking' recommends using a salad of fruits and greens, but a simple garden salad is a perfect mate as well. The step with the immersion blender is optional and was not in the cookbook, but I found it helpful to keep the ingredients from seperating and it pureed the shallots perfectly. I hope you enjoy as much as I do.
Top Review by teresas
Hubby and I both enjoyed the flavors...this is easy to prepare and I normally have all the ingredients on hand...I just served this with a basic green salad...thanks for posting it...made for Spring 2012 PAC
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar (or other fruit vinegar)
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Whisk together in a small bowl until smooth: honey, vinegar, shallot, dijon, poppy seeds, and salt & pepper.
- 2. While whisking constantly, gradually add the olive oil.
- 3. (Optional) Once all ingredients are added together and salt & pepper has been added to taste. Blend with an immersion blender.
- 4. Serve with salad of your choice.