These small, glazed and baked sandwiches are great for a meal, picnic, formal affair or brunch. I honestly get requests for the recipe EVERY time I serve them to someone new! Easy to make and always delicious!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Without separating into individual rolls, cut tops off.
- Line 9x13 pan with roll bottoms and place ham and cheese onto bottoms.
- Put tops of rolls back on.
- In a saucepan, mix remaining ingredients and bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce evenly over sandwiches.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
Great flavor in these sandwiches and easy to assemble! The sweet onion flavor really shines here. I baked on a foil lined pan and watched until the bottoms & tops of the rolls were crispy. (we didn't want soggy bread). Next time I will reduce the poppy seeds by half. There was far too many on the sandwiches for us. I can see this being a hit at a tailgate or backyard party. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
These are so good!! I made them a few times to take over to friends house. It's a huge hit. I also used provolone cheese, came out just as good.
These are absolutely delicious and so fun for a get together or party. Very easy to make and you will get many compliments!