Recipe by SReiff
These small, glazed and baked sandwiches are great for a meal, picnic, formal affair or brunch. I honestly get requests for the recipe EVERY time I serve them to someone new! Easy to make and always delicious!
Top Review by Susie D
Great flavor in these sandwiches and easy to assemble! The sweet onion flavor really shines here. I baked on a foil lined pan and watched until the bottoms & tops of the rolls were crispy. (we didn't want soggy bread). Next time I will reduce the poppy seeds by half. There was far too many on the sandwiches for us. I can see this being a hit at a tailgate or backyard party. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
- 24 potato dinner rolls (1 package)
- 1 lb chipped ham
- 1 lb sliced swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons onion flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Without separating into individual rolls, cut tops off.
- Line 9x13 pan with roll bottoms and place ham and cheese onto bottoms.
- Put tops of rolls back on.
- In a saucepan, mix remaining ingredients and bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce evenly over sandwiches.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.